There are many advantages if you install acoustic underlay beneath your timber floor.
- Floors are better underfoot. The acoustic underlay give a slightly springy feel to the floor which is easy on feet.
- The floor lasts even longer than usual with the soft support underneath.
- External Acoustic isolation. By far the most popular reason for installing acoustic underlay is to prevent noise traveling outside. When the upstairs rooms have acoustic underlay there will be very little noise heard downstairs.
- Internal acoustic isolation. Acoustic underlay will keep the sound inside a room dampened. Soft furnishing and curtains will also help in this regard.
- Thermal Insolation – the materials used for acoustic insulation also work well for thermal isolation – they prevent heat loss through the floor. This means heating is more efficient in winter and cooling is more effective in summer. (Please note, walls and ceilings should be insulated for complete thermal insulations).
- Dust – by removing airflow in buildings the underlay helps prevent problems with allergens and dust.
We supply and install all type of timber, bamboo and synthetic types of floor. And we can install suitable sound insulation where necessary. Modern acoustic insulation can use recycled materials such as rubber and cork, so you timber floor is more eco-friendly.